Analysis of a Job Ad Questionnaire
To complete this assignment, please do the following:
Select an appropriate job ad. There are many job ad web sites (commercial, non-commercial, and government) available. You need to explore and find a job that you would like to apply for now.
In Your Job Search (Please answer the following Questions, As if you are soon graduating college)
1. What is the position being advertised? What are the job duties for this position? Be sure to use the original wording, but then put it in your own words. (For example, an accounting position might mention “A/P”—take a sentence or two to explain what this means.)
2. Where did you locate this ad? Where was it posted or placed? What kind of website or publication is it? Be specific and detailed. Include a URL if possible.
3. What do you know about the company or organization that is hiring? What is their history? What are their corporate values? What’s important to them? How do you know this? Again, be as thorough and precise as possible.
4. What are the three key ways you are not only qualified but an excellent candidate for this position? Why should they want to hire you? Be thorough and specific—use examples, when appropriate.
5. Based on what you’ve learned from analyzing this ad, how have you decided to organize your cover letter/email? Describe two specific choices you’ve made about format and/or content.