Suppose I have to buy a digital camera. I would go to Croma, eZone or any other electronics store here. I would then see the varieties offered from different brands . I would ask them about the specifications and features of all of them and the prices. Then I would go and visit another electronic store, do the same thing there. I would note if there are other options or varieties offered by the same or other brands. Then I will compare the options and finally buy it from the store that gives me a good product with either some discount or extra accessories. And also during buying it, I can actually see the pictures taken by the it over there itself and this will aid me in making my decision. Also I can enjoy the features and learn about some of the features from the sales person himself. And then just enjoy taking pictures on the same day itself.
Now, if I have to buy it online, I would go to the different websites, check the options and the specifications on the website itself and then will compare the prices of that option from a single website which does it. It will help me save time. Then I can just order it and wait for it to be delivered and when it gets delivered I can enjoy taking pictures with it.
Advantages of Online Shopping and Offline Shopping:
1. Online shopping helped me save time as I didnot have to go from one store to another to look out for varieties and different brands.
2. I placed an order for the digital camera online while travelling to my college. This is a great advantage as it makes life very convenient. Similarly anyone can place an order from anywhere. This is the biggest advantage.
3. Home delivery: As I got my camera delivered at home, I didnot have to go through the hassle of going to the store and carefully carry it back home. Also during this transportation, if at all my camera had got damaged, the delivery company and the sellers would have been responsible , so I am free of the liability of transportation.
4. Shopping online not just gave me the option of variety and different brands, but also helped me get great discounts. The stores didnot have suh high discounts because they need to cover their charges of electricity, rent of the store space, etc.
5. In terms of offline shopping, I prefer doing it for clothes, footwear,etc. The items that need fitting and trials as they are for comfort. So offline shopping helps me check exactly what fits well and how it looks on me, personalized effect. Along with that I can also touch and feel the fabric and see if it is worth the price, if it is something I would like, etc.
6. In terms of offline shopping, another advantage is when you buy the stuff, you already know how it looks on you but you still cant wait to try it again and flaunt it. In case of offline, since the good is available at the point of sale, it keeps my excitement up.
7. In case of offine, I can even go to the small stores to buy depending on my financial budget. I can bargain as much as I want on the spot and buy the product at somewhat my desired price.
8. Payment in case of online shopping is very easy as I can do it using any e-wallets or online options and even cash on delivery. So it offers me many options of payment.
Disadvantages of Online and Offline shopping:
1. For offline, I need to carry cash or card to buy whatever I want. Also some stores donot have a card device, in that case it is a hassle to go to the ATM and get the cash and pay them. However, even though I have so many options of payment in online shopping, there is a threat of my card details to get hacked. The ecommerce companies are working on it and have made it safe to a great extent but the threat however, can never be completely underestimated.
2. Online shopping doesnt give me the choice of trying my clothes before paying for them. Then it becomes a hassle if the shoe or the dress doesn;t fit me well. I will have to wait for the executive to come and pick it up from my place and then get it exchanged or returned. This consumes quite sometime.
3. In case of online shopping however when you return an item , you most often get the amount refunded back to your account. In case of offline , no store returns the cash. You can only exchange products that too at not all stores.
4. In case of offline, I am incurring many extra costs, my travel costs, fuel costs plus the discounts are not that high because the stores have to cover their expenses.
5. I have to stand in the queue at the billing counter for quite sometime in order to pay the bill for my purchase ans also at the trial rooms , in case of offline. Due to this, I never go shopping on weekends when the malls and stores are thronged by people.
6. For online I can also read the reviews available with each product’s description. this helps me make the right choice. While, in case of offline we often get influenced by the salesperson’s reviews and techniques of selling.
The best way to purchase is go to the brick and mortar stores, check the devices and try clothes and all and then look for the same product online and buy it at a better discount.