Organizational behavior changes the whole way the business performs. There are many ways the organizational management has fueled up the performance of the business.
- day to day operation management : planning the day to day operations of the management might be a hard job to do, as the changes should be implemented without harming the present operations, but this step is very much necessary to achieve that future state, which the organization has aimed for.
- A good organizational management also works around the concerns of the employees. This helps them to be effective and efficient
- A proper organization management reduces the risk and inefficiency.
- Organizational management, when done in a right way , encourages the employees to be better and strive to give higher
- Not only we can do proper cost cutting with the help of organizational management, but also increase the returns on our investments
- It provides stability
Few of the examples where companies have inculcated the organizational management so well are:
- zappos: this company has set up its own organizational rules and culture. At the time of hiring, it is first seen whether the candidate fits the culture and organization and then move on to the next phase of the interview. This way the hiring managers ensure that the employees are happy which again benefits the workplace.
- Starbucks: starbucks is always known for its exceptional behavior and treatment towards its employees. In a recent tragedy, where 3 of its employees were killed in a robbery, instead of releasing a legal counsel, the CEO flew straight to DC and spent a whole week with the victimized family. This management culture towards the employees will benefit them in the loyalties of the employees
- IBM: IBM encourages its employees to maintain independent blogs. The chairman encourages them to be themselves first, speak in first person and also respect their coworkers.