Project management is a process which involves handling a team to initiate,plan,execute,control and end a process of developing a project. The project management requires making a proper project plan inorder to execute the step by step development of the project.
The Do`s of project management
- Make a project plan: in order to build a project keeping in mind all the requirements of the user and to complete the project on time, you need to make a project plan. A project plan involves planning all the stages of the building a project starting from requirements gathering to testing and execution. A good project plan will help to execute a project according to the requirements if the user and it will also help to complete the project on time.
- Calculate the risks involved: Prior to starting the project building, make a list of all the risks involved in building the project and how to tackle those risks. In order to complete the project on time it is necessary to prepare yourself for all the problems that can be faced while building the project.
- Good Communication Plan: project management involves working a group of team members, different stages of project develpoment are performes by different members of the team, so i is the responsibility of the team leader to make good communication plan so that each and evry person in the team is able to communicate with each other and everyone knows everything about the project and evryone gets updated periodicaly reagrding the development of the project.
- Be in contact with the user: it is necessary to be in continuos contact with the user because sometimes the user might make some changes in the requirement or the user might not like the interface of the project, so it is good te be contact with the user so that the user is satisfied with the final product.
- Keep monitoring project status; the team leader should periodically monitor the stages of the project development and make sure that the process is going to the set timeline requirements or not.
- Utilise resources effectively: it is the responsibilty of the team leader to make sure that the project is build keeping in mind the budget of the user, the team leader should make an effective use of the reasources avaliable so that the user remains satisfied with the develpoment of the project.
- Keep Encouraging your team: during the development of the project many difficulties are faced by the team, it is duty of the team leader to keep its members motivated and keep on encaouraging them to achieve good performance.
The Dont`s Of project managment:
- Don`t be overconfident: never take anything for granted, during a project development many practical problems will be encountered,donot be overconfident about your planning.
- Don`t discourage the team: during the project develpoment many things may go wrong, the team members might make some mistakes, do not discourage the team members.
- Never take a project plan as final:never assume a project plan as final plan, because sometimes the user changes the requirements and sometimes the practical scenario is different than the planned one.