- Great degree of customization.
- Largest number of outlets.
- Marketing and promotional strategies
- Healthier Options and hence sustainable
- Partnerships with Britain and American Heart Associations.
- All restaurants are owned by franchisees
- Low startup costs.
- Interiors of the outlets often neglected
- High employee churn rate.
- Services are not consistent across all stores
- Too much control over franchisees
- Increasing awareness for healthier food
- Home delivery option
- Changing customer habits and new customer groups
- Introduction of drive-thrus
- Over crowded fast food markets in the developed economies
- Local fast food restaurant chains
- Currency fluctuations
- Lawsuits against Subway
As Subway is more into Healthy alternative to fast foods, they need to build on it as the demand and consumer behavior is changing in the same direction. So Differentiation is the way forward for them and try to use different retail ways to gain higher market share.