IKEA stores keep different home furniture, furnishing products, kitchen appliances and other home décor products for consumers. Layout change of the store, means the reorganization of different sections of products on the basis of their homogeneity. Focus of the layout change should be such that it should facilitate the easiness of showcasing of the products to the consumers, easy in and out from the store and need of ness movement of the consumers to buy products from the multiple sections. The layout change will involve following steps:
1. Identification and selection of those product categories who complement each other.
2. Selection of product categories to provide exposure to most of the consumers after entry inside the store
3. Organization of high value products at one place or in sequence so that people can view all such products at one lace
4. Make spacious arrangement for those product categories who are high in demand and more consumers visit that section of the store at one point of time
5. A systematic flow or movement of consumers so that they don’t feel inconvenience in their purchase
Above steps will help in effective change in the layout of the store.